No Florida homeowner has money to waste, and HVAC equipment and installation is a huge investment where every penny counts. We hear from many homeowners in Hillsborough County who tell us that they used another HVAC installer and are now frustrated with their new AC systems. Unfortunately, we cannot always deliver good news. In many cases, the equipment is not sized properly for the square footage of the home. Imagine being told by a licensed HVAC contractor that you just invested a large amount of your budget in HVAC equipment that:
- Cannot operate as efficiently as it was designed
- Is larger than what is needed, so you could have saved money
- Will result in unnecessarily high utility bills
- May or may not provide comfortable, consistent temperatures in your home
Choosing the right HVAC equipment is a critical part of air conditioning installation for your home. Once we explain to homeowners that their new AC system is not sized properly, they ask a second question: “Why did the guy recommend it?” This is a valid question, but the answer cannot repair the financial damage caused by an unqualified and inexperienced HVAC installer.
The Value of a Licensed and Reputable HVAC Contractor
And Services is a Florida licensed HVAC contractor, and we let our customer testimonials speak to the high quality of our work. Entrusting your HVAC purchases and services to a licensed HVAC contractor has the following benefits:
- Peace of mind knowing that the work is performed to the highest standards
- Adding value to your home and property
- Protecting your family and home while the work is performed
- Meeting all state and local requirements for home renovations and improvements
AC Installation from And Services
At And Services, we begin the process of installing a new AC unit by helping you find air conditioning equipment that fits your home and budget. The process of recommending new HVAC equipment involves several steps:
- One of our expert technicians comes to your home to inspect your current ductwork and HVAC equipment.
- We use standardized calculations to determine the size of the unit.
- Our sales staff works with you to select the equipment based on size and budget.
- We schedule a time to install the new AC equipment based on your availability and convenience.
- Our technicians arrive on time and complete the work within the schedule.
Sizing for Residential AC Units
Having a basic understanding of how residential AC units are sized gives you the knowledge you need to know when your HVAC company is providing accurate and reliable information. We recommend that you be wary of any installers that use automated calculations without being able to explain the thought process behind these calculations. The reason for this is that installers who do not understand the formulas are less likely to recognize when the calculations are not accurate. As the saying goes, “Garbage in, garbage out.” When you are looking to invest in HVAC equipment, the calculations must be accurate.
The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy make the same recommendation for homeowners to insist that HVAC companies use a “correct sizing calculation before signing a contract.” Additionally, DOE suggests that homeowners obtain copies of the calculations that were used by the HVAC company. These are considered best practices amongst reliable and reputable HVAC contractors such as And Services.
What to Do About Incorrectly Sized HVAC Equipment
Hindsight is always 20/20, and you do not have the money to buy another AC unit to replace the one you just bought. Luckily, there are steps you can take to improve the efficiency of the unit to some degree, although you may never see the AC unit operate to the standards set by the manufacturer. To learn how And Services can help you make the most of an unfortunate situation, contact us to schedule a time for one of our technicians to inspect your HVAC equipment. We will recommend affordable upgrades and improvements.