Homeowners in the Brandon area know that their air conditioning system is critical during the high temperature months of the Florida summer. Homeowners turn on their AC systems in the beginning of the season and set the temperature low. They often take for granted that their system will work hard for the next three to four months. Even if you have an older unit, you hope that you can make it through just one more summer before you have to consider replacing your cooling system.
You start to notice subtle changes inside your home, as the weeks pass. You then notice uneven temperatures from room to room. Your rooms have higher levels of dust and allergens. You also notice a decreasing level of comfort level.
Finally a really hot day comes along and your unit stops working completely. You must call an air conditioning repair service. When the technician arrives you are ever optimistic. But after a through examination, the technician delivers the message that you most dread — you need to replace your AC unit. As a budget-conscious homeowner, you may want to consider replacing your gas furnace at the same time.
Why Should I Replace My Furnace If It Works?
We recommend replacing an AC unit and gas furnace at the same time for several reasons. First, consider that your AC unit and furnace are part of the entire HVAC system. Your original equipment was manufactured as a single system to work together. Your system’s load capacities, design and operation of the air conditioning system and heating system complement each other. If you replace only the AC, the overall HVAC system may be off balance. Second, if both units were purchased as the same time, the AC and furnace are the same age. If your air conditioning system is on its last legs, your furnace is most likely also in its last usable years.
Benefits of Replacing Your AC and Furnace at the Same Time
Replacing your furnace and air conditioning system at the same time has many benefits”
- Labor costs tend to be lower because our technicians only need to take apart the HVAC system one time.
- One installation appointment is much more convenient for you versus having our technicians in your home twice in one year.
- You have peace of mind knowing months in advance that your heating system will operate during the winter.
- Over the next 12 months, you will save money on utility costs, not just during the summer time.
- Today’s cooling and heating systems have much longer lifetimes compared to older units, so you will not need to replace a major HVAC component for 15 to 18 years.
- You will save on repairs for your furnace because the HVAC system will be balanced to avoid unnecessary wear and tear on the heating equipment.
Financial Incentives for Replacing Your AC and Furnace This Year
If you are unable to afford the cost of upgrading your HVAC system, you may look into financing options. By replacing the AC and furnace at the same time, you can apply for one loan or line of credit versus two. Additionally, you will be able to take applicable tax credits and use rebates this year.
And Services for AC and Furnace Replacement
We are a leading HVAC company in the Tampa Bay area. We value the relationship and trust we have with our customers. When it is time to replace your AC unit and furnace, our technician will inspect your entire system to evaluate the repair verus replacement values. We’ll explain these to you so you can make the best decision. We can provide an accurate cost of:
- The new cooling and heating systems
- Repairs that are needed to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system
- For some systems, optional upgrades, such as digital thermostats and zone systems that can further increase efficiency.
We will help you choose a properly sized air conditioning system and furnace which is within your budget. To learn more about replacing your air conditioning and heating equipment, contact us today to schedule an in-home appointment.