Are you on a quest to reduce energy use, save money and moderate the comfort of your home? Has the reduction in your utility costs plateaued and you’re craving another dip? Now you can!
The average American home loses an estimated 30% of heating and cooling energy in an unexpected way in one of the last places most homeowners look — the air conditioning ductwork. Leaks, poor connections and other damage allows heated and cooled air to escape out of the ductwork before it can travel to the vents and into the rooms of your home. The excessive cost comes when your furnace and air conditioner must pump out more air to keep your home comfortable. Locating leaks and bad connections can be tough, though, so you should rely on the expertise of And Services.
How Do I Know If My Ductwork Needs Repair?
Inspecting your ductwork for leaks and damage is difficult because the ductwork channels are hidden inside the ceiling of your home. You can, though, monitor certain aspects of your heating and cooling that indicate a problem in the ductwork:
- High utility bills can point to a multitude of problems with your HVAC system, but if you have checked every other component, chances are good that there’s a problem in the ductwork.
- Uneven temperatures inside your home or rooms that seem harder to heat and cool.
- Rooms that seem stuffy can indicate that the air is not properly circulating through the HVAC system and your system is working harder and less efficiently.
Professional Duct Testing
Although you could attempt to inspect your ductwork on your own, the complex layout of the tunnel network requires a level of knowledge and expertise. Our technicians use the most advanced duct testing equipment to find the source of the problem. The ductwork is pressurized with a blaster to measure the amount of air loss and specific locations where the air is escaping. The data is combined with the results of the visual inspection to determine the necessary repairs.
Sealing Ducts Saves Money
Sealing leaks and repairing connections in your ductwork will improve the performance of even a new HVAC system and help you achieve the optimum efficiency of the equipment. The most common repairs for homeowners in the Tampa area are:
- Replacing ductwork that cannot be repaired
- Using high-grade sealants to repair broken connections, holes and leaks
- Repairing sections that have disconnected
After our technician repairs and seals the ductwork, you will soon see the benefits of taking care of your ductwork, such as:
- Reduced utility costs
- Improved indoor air quality
- Regulated temperatures throughout your home
Another easy way to improve the performance of your heating and cooling system is to schedule an appointment with And Services to clean your ducts. The Environmental Protection Agency has published guidelines about duct cleaning that recommended cleaning when you notice:
- Dust and debris built up on your registers
- Visible mold growth inside the ducts
- Signs of insects and other pests inside the ducts or vents
If you would to find out if your ductwork needs cleaning or repairs, contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our technicians.