As summer winds down, the nights are getting just a bit cooler. Before the colder temperatures arrive, we recommend that you schedule autumn maintenance for your heating and HVAC system. Your heating system is designed to last for many years, but the elements can take a toll. Regular maintenance helps protect your investment and gives you reliable heating when your family needs it the most.
Why Do I Need Fall Maintenance for My HVAC System?
Your heating system hasn’t run since last winter, and you want to feel confident that when you need to heat your home, the HVAC system is ready to run properly and efficiently. Another consideration for the changing seasons is that the summertime blooms fill the air with pollen, so your ductwork may need some attention. Fall maintenance by And Services help by protecting indoor air quality and saving you money with preventive services and repairs.
Without proper maintenance of your HVAC system in the fall, you could experience
- Unnecessary, expensive repairs
- Heating system failure when the temperatures drop
- Shortened lifetime of the system
- Unanticipated expenses related to replacing the heating system
- Higher than usual utility costs
What Type of HVAC Maintenance is Recommended in the Fall?
Our technicians conduct a thorough evaluation of your heating system. We also takes measures to prepare your air conditioning system for the winter. Fall maintenance extends the lifetime of your HVAC system by
- Checking parts for wear and tear
- Replacing components to ensure proper operation
- Checking ductwork for dust, pollen and other pollutants
- Checking the system for leaks
- Verifying that the system is ready for the winter months
Do I Need a Professional Technician for Autumn HVAC Maintenance?
As a homeowner, you certainly can perform some basic checks of your heating system. We recommend that one of our professional technicians evaluate the system because they are specially trained to locate even the smallest damage or necessary repair. The technician knows where to look for dust and other particles that build up over time and reduce efficiency. And Services also has specialized equipment to test specific parts of the system as well as for the presence of carbon monoxide in the system and your home.
And Services Checklist for Fall HVAC Maintenance
Our checklist is used for both gas and electric furnaces.
- Professional inspection of wiring, coils, airflow obstructions, leaks and accumulation of dust, pollen and debris
- Replace filters to maintain good indoor air quality, keep utility costs affordable and protect the system from unnecessary wear and tear
- Tighten any loose connections for the electrical and gas components
- Lubricate the parts to reduce friction and maintain efficiency
- Check for leaks and damage that may reduce operating efficiency
- Inspect the burner and ignition
- Measure airflow in each room
- Flush and clean the drain and condensation pan
- Calibrate the system
- Check for damage to the gas lines and terminals
Rely on the professionals of And Services for all of your HVAC needs, and you will feel confident that your heating system will run efficiently and save you money. Contact us today to schedule your fall HVAC system maintenance.