If you are in the market for a new air conditioning system, you may wondering which manufacturer offers the best product for your budget and home cooling needs.
Top Air Conditioner Manufacturers
And Services carries a full line of AC products by today’s top manufacturers, including:
Our staff has the expert knowledge you need to make an informed decision, and our technicians are certified by each manufacturer to install and maintain the systems. You always feel confident when you choose And Services for all of your HVAC and indoor air quality needs.
These manufacturers make or own air conditioning products under various names as well:
- American Standard is manufactured by Trane
- Amana and Janitrol are manufactured by Goodman
- Bryant, Payne and Tempstar are owned by Carrier
- Coleman and Luxaire are manufactured by York
Chances are that if the parent company has a good reputation, the secondary companies will also manufacture good quality products.
Doing Your Research
Each home is unique, and even if you have a similar floor plan as one of your neighbors, budget, personal comfort requirements and utilization will always come into play. Even online reviews are somewhat biased in that people have different perceptions of indoor comfort and improper installation can make any system less reliable. The best place to understand the performance of each manufacturer’s product is by reading expert reviews for the warranties, reliability, owner satisfaction, technology and customer service of each brand.
Here are some highlights of expert reviews of the brands that we carry noting that some of the brands are under a parent company.
- Amana, a Goodman sub-company, has many solid reviews for the quiet operation and efficiency of its split-system AC system. The product line offers EER ratings up to 15, SEER ratings up to 25.5, qualifies for the Energy Star designation and meets CEE Tier 3 standards. They use a Copeland Scroll compressor which is one of the most well built compressors in the industry. Also, a high density blanket over the compressor keeps noise levels low, and the system comes with a 10-year warranty. Amana even put thought into the corners of the cabinet that are rounded rather than sharp.
- Of the Lennox owners surveyed, only 13% report needing service on their air conditioning systems. The company is widely-regarded as one of today’s best manufacturers for standing behind their quality control processes and requirements for technician training. Lennox offers top-rated products that offer up to 26 SEER, one of the Most Efficient Energy Star qualified systems, that can offer our customers up to 60% in energy savings.
- Carrier systems offering 21 SEER ratings have earned Energy Star qualifications, and the systems come with a 10-year warranty. Beyond the efficiency ratings, Carrier is another brand that only 13% of homeowners report needing service, well below the national average.
- Trane products are designed to run efficiently and quietly in a variety of installation configurations. The system comes with a 10-year warranty, and the compressor has a 12-year warranty. Trane and American Standard, sister companies, were chosen by WebHVAC.com as two of the top five systems in 2015.
- Lennox, Trane and Carrier are well-respected in the HVAC industry because these companies have stringent requirements for the technicians who can install their products.
To learn more about our products, contact And Services today!